Well, there’s more to the update than that but I like how it sounds in the title. Anyway…
Version 2.0.3 (for Android and iOS)
- (iOS only) Fixed bug when exporting MP4 for some devices.
- Removed sliders, replaced with +/- buttons for now.
- Added messages instructing how to use new menu system.
- Put back red outline when creating a stickfigure.
And yes, this update has been uploaded for both iOS users and Android users simultaneously. Crazy right!?
So yeah, the majority of the sliders are gone – for now. I’ve replaced them with the +/- buttons. I have an idea how to make the sliders better, and once I do I’ll give an option for users to choose between sliders or +/- buttons.
I’ve also attempted to make it clearer how the new responsive menu works. For the first 5 times the app is opened, tooltips are displayed instructing users as to where “Frame Tools” (and sounds) are.
And the accidentally-removed red outlines when creating stickfigures has made its return!
In the meantime, I’m working on something Neat™ for the website, how to have it live this week and if it works out I can see it being of great use for a lot of you guys. But more on that in another post.
Well that took a while. Here’s a link to the FREE version on the App Store, and here’s the PRO version.
The changelog is basically a combination of the past 2.0.0 – 2.0.2 updates that were previously released for Android, but here it is again.
The biggest change is how the user interface works (see this GIF here). These are the two most common questions regarding this UI change.
Q. Where are sounds?
A. Still where they have always been! Under “Frame Tools” – you have to tap a frame first to see the tools though.
Q. How do I change the background color?
A. Still also under “Frame Tools” – tap a frame to see the tools.
Version 2.0.2 (for iOS)
- Huge interface overhaul! Cleaned up and much easier and intuitive to use. Most notably “normal”, “panning”, and “camera” modes now have their own buttons to the top-left.
- Also, only relevant tools/buttons appear determined by what the user has just touched/selected (stickfigure, frame, textfield).
- You can now OPEN ZIPs/PACKS with the app, “open with Stick Nodes” is now an option on your system, it will automatically import the contents of the ZIP.
- The app is now available in 5 different languages! You can change the language by going into “App settings” under “App Tools” (EN, ES, FR, PT, TR).
- A time delay can be added to individual frames to have them pause for a few seconds, good for pausing text on the screen.
- The list of default stickfigures that ship with the app has been refreshed!
- Filter import/open lists to make finding files easier!
- Frame background colors can now be gradients!
- The app can be flipped in landscape mode.
- New sounds added for PRO users. Including COD Tactical Nuke, CS voices, Gun Reload, Minecraft Creeper sounds, Undertale sounds, and more.
- So many small optimizations, bug fixes, and tweaks. So many… HAVE FUN!
Enjoy! Now to work on Stick Nodes PC!
PS – I’m not.
PPS – But I am working on something else…
Edit June 13th – A few days ago version 2.0.2 was released for Android, which fixed some bugs. I was held up with the iOS version because of technical troubles, but they’ve been resolved and am moving forward. Will be uploading this week.
Version 2.0.2 (for Android)
- Fixed importing STK files that would import weird.
- Fixed importing ZIP files crash (for some users). (After importing a ZIP, if you can’t find it in your import list, scroll all the way down, the stickfigures might be prefixed with “zip_”.
Version 2.0.1 (for Android)
Okay, so this version fixes a few small bugs/crashes I noticed in the analytics since releasing 2.0.0. It also fixes one major crash that some users experienced where certain projects would either crash when opening, or crash when playing. Here is the changelog:
- You can now open ZIPs/packs with Stick Nodes!
- Crash fix when opening/playing for some users.
- Crash fix when sometimes using a textarea.
- Crash fix when sometimes tapping dialog buttons.
- Other smaller crash fixes.
- (2.0.0) Huge interface overhaul! Cleaned up and much easier and intuitive to use. Click stickfigure to access “Stickfigure Tools”, click frame to access “Frame Tools”, etc…
- (2.0.0) Now available in 5 different languages (EN, ES, FR, PT, TR).
- (2.0.0) A time delay can be added to frames.
- (2.0.0) Filter import/open lists to make finding files easier!
- (2.0.0) Frame background color can now be gradients!
- (2.0.0) So many small optimizations and fixes!
This was originally going to just be a quick bug-fix update. But I did add functionality where ZIP files can now be opened with Stick Nodes. (See the image included in this post.)
So now, when you download a ZIP file, just tap it and “Open with” > “Stick Nodes”. The Stick Nodes app will open and behind-the-scenes it will extract all of the NODES files from within the ZIP/pack file and put them into your /stickfigures/ folder. Just go to import a stickfigure and you’ll see them all there in the list.