So the v-cam update for iOS was actually released about two weeks ago. Surprise!
No but really, it was. I was away at the time and had numerous reports of MP4 exporting not working for users since the update. As a result, I put off making this post until I had things corrected.
Here are all of the changes that came to iOS in the 1.7.2 and 1.7.3 updates.
- Major fix for MP4 exporting issue, also added button to use the old method in case any issue is still present (Pro only).
- Fixed crash when exporting a single-frame looped animation.
- Some other minor fixes.
- (1.7.2) V-Cam added! Double-tap to enable Camera Mode.
- (1.7.2) The “Stop” button now resets zoom to 100% (instead of double-tapping like before).
- (1.7.2) Added onion skin to v-cam to see where it is in the previous and next frames.
- (1.7.2) Increased size of the scrollbar for frame thumbnails.
- (1.7.2) Added background color/image functionality to Create Mode.
- (1.7.2) Improved MP4 exporting (Pro only).
- (1.7.2) Added 40+ sounds (Pro only).
- (1.7.2) Changed FPS limit to 60.
- (1.7.2) Background images can now scale in the x and y direction.
- (1.7.2) Increased maximum zoom from 500% to 800%.
Well, next I need to get Android users updated to 1.7.3. There won’t be any significant changes from what you guys already have but there will be a few bug fixes and tweaks. My favorite bug on Android right now is exporting an MP4 at a width that isn’t a multiple of 16, it skews the video.
After that I begin work on the next “major” change…