Edit November 8th – Version 1.7.8 just went live (Android), fixes some tweening issues about flipping and color.
More updates. MORE UPDATES.
This one showcases three new features for Stick Nodes.
Check out the announcement video below if you’re a visual learner.
Three new features
So a personal issue I’ve had with Stick Nodes was with how it handled tweening, this update finally fixes it. You can now choose how many tweened frames you want between your keyframes (1-8), before it was pre-set to always be 2. This results in much, much smoother animation when you have a good balance of FPS, tweened frames, and well-animated frames.
This *may* result in lag depending on the complexity of your animation and your device’s power. Any lag you experience when playing tweened animations will not be present in export GIFs/MP4s.
The next big change is that textfields are now tweened just like stickfigures. This was a big request from many users.
Just a note that old pre-1.7.6 projects won’t have tweened textfields. This is because they were saved without data required for the app to properly determine what to tween and what not to tween. As a result, only new projects will have this feature.
The third big change is one that has me the most excited – color gradients for segments!
Certain segment types can now transition from one color to another. Circles are excluded from this due to the functionality for it being lacking in the underlying code framework I use. Check out the first stickfigure created with subtle gradients, the Evil Default.
Changelog for 1.7.6 – 1.7.7 – 1.7.8
- (1.7.8) Version 1.7.8 fixes tweening bugs from 1.7.6 (flipping, color). Below are 1.7.6 changes.
- (1.7.7) Version 1.7.7 fixes bugs from 1.7.6 (copy segment, crash when exporting). Below are 1.7.6 changes.
- (1.7.6) Improved tweening – you can now set the amount of tweened frames you want (1-8) under “Animation Tools”.
- (1.7.6) Textfields are now tweened. Also the maximum allowed textfields per frame has been raised to 5.
- (1.7.6) Color gradients for segments. Segments are no longer restricted to a single solid color, can have gradient applied.
- (1.7.6) Sound files will not play when shuffling/listening to music (Pro only).
This update is not out for iOS yet, it is planned for release later this week!