Edit January 21st: My bad. I had to release 1.8.2 last night to fix some bad bugs.
A bug was discovered that broke sounds on exported MP4s, this was introduced in 1.8.1 but is now fixed in 1.8.2 which is currently live on both Android and iOS right now! This version also fixes a second bug where multiple joins were broken only in exported animations but appeared fine in the app itself.
Below is the post for the 1.8.0 – 1.8.1 release.
So it’s been a while since the last update, took a break during the holidays and whatnot. But we’re back!
What’s new in 1.8.0 and 1.8.1
- (Android) Fixed bug that would crash long MP4 exports.
- Fixed bug that would unsync sounds when using non-tweened frames.
- Fixed bug that would tween a joined stickfigure incorrectly.
- REMOVED the “Filled Circle” segment type. Instead, use the regular “Circle” type with a gradient selected.
- ADDED new feature, “Keep stickfigure during tween” under “Stickfigure Tools”. Check this box on a stickfigure to prevent it from flickering/deleting itself during tweening.
- (Pro only) Added some new sounds.
Outside of the fixes, you’ll notice two big changes. The first change is new checkbox under “Stickfigure Tools” which will allow you to now mark a stickfigure to persist through tweening when it would otherwise flicker, here’s an example of that. This is useful for using replacement-type stickfigures, like auras as shown in the example.
The second big change is the removal of “Filled Circle” as a segment type. You might remember that as the circle with the white fill color. This has been merged into just “Circle” now.
The “Circle” segment will behave just like it did before. But now if you set a gradient color (and check the gradient checkbox), the inside of the circle will color itself differently from the outline. This will look identical to the “Filled Circle”, except now you’re not limited to only white as the inside color.
As for why this is coming out in two updates, it’s because I accidentally introduced a new bug in 1.8.0 that I was able to find right away, but as a result I had to push out a new update immediately, thus 1.8.1 was born.
Version 1.8.1 is already processing on the App Store, so it will be released for iOS users any day now.
Version 1.8.1 is now live on the App Store for iOS users as of January 19th.
This will probably be the last minor update before the big changes I have in store for the next update…