Edit June 13th – A few days ago version 2.0.2 was released for Android, which fixed some bugs. I was held up with the iOS version because of technical troubles, but they’ve been resolved and am moving forward. Will be uploading this week.
Version 2.0.2 (for Android)
- Fixed importing STK files that would import weird.
- Fixed importing ZIP files crash (for some users). (After importing a ZIP, if you can’t find it in your import list, scroll all the way down, the stickfigures might be prefixed with “zip_”.
Version 2.0.1 (for Android)
Okay, so this version fixes a few small bugs/crashes I noticed in the analytics since releasing 2.0.0. It also fixes one major crash that some users experienced where certain projects would either crash when opening, or crash when playing. Here is the changelog:
- You can now open ZIPs/packs with Stick Nodes!
- Crash fix when opening/playing for some users.
- Crash fix when sometimes using a textarea.
- Crash fix when sometimes tapping dialog buttons.
- Other smaller crash fixes.
- (2.0.0) Huge interface overhaul! Cleaned up and much easier and intuitive to use. Click stickfigure to access “Stickfigure Tools”, click frame to access “Frame Tools”, etc…
- (2.0.0) Now available in 5 different languages (EN, ES, FR, PT, TR).
- (2.0.0) A time delay can be added to frames.
- (2.0.0) Filter import/open lists to make finding files easier!
- (2.0.0) Frame background color can now be gradients!
- (2.0.0) So many small optimizations and fixes!
This was originally going to just be a quick bug-fix update. But I did add functionality where ZIP files can now be opened with Stick Nodes. (See the image included in this post.)
So now, when you download a ZIP file, just tap it and “Open with” > “Stick Nodes”. The Stick Nodes app will open and behind-the-scenes it will extract all of the NODES files from within the ZIP/pack file and put them into your /stickfigures/ folder. Just go to import a stickfigure and you’ll see them all there in the list.
Wow that took a long time. Tonight Stick Nodes version 2.0.0 was released on all Android markets. The iOS version needs to be tweaked a little and then it will be uploaded to the App Store, this will happen soon™, keep checking here for new information. (Think of it this way, Android users get to find all the bugs.)
Also want to see Sean get beat up? Well you’re in luck!
So what’s new in this version? Well, here’s the changelog:
- Huge interface overhaul! Cleaned up and much easier and intuitive to use. Most notably “normal”, “panning”, and “camera” modes now have their own buttons to the top-left.
- Also, only relevant tools/buttons appear determined by what the user has just touched/selected (stickfigure, frame, textfield).
- The app is now available in 5 different languages! You can change the language by going into “App settings” under “App Tools”. (English, Español, Français, Português, Türkçe)
- A time delay can be added to individual frames to have them pause for a few seconds, good for pausing text on the screen.
- The list of default stickfigures that ship with the app has been refreshed!
- Filter import/open lists to make finding files easier!
- Frame background colors can now be gradients!
- The app can be flipped in landscape mode.
- New sounds added for PRO users. Including COD Tactical Nuke, CS voices, Gun Reload, Minecraft Creeper sounds, Undertale sounds, and more.
- So many small optimizations, bug fixes, and tweaks. So many… HAVE FUN!
Like I said above, this update is not out for iOS users yet, but it will be soon.
Big shout out to the translators that helped me get Stick Nodes translated into some new languages:
- DmLan (French)
- Berke (Turkish)
- HeckRay (Spanish)
- Daniel (Portuguese)
- Chimdi O (For the country balls)
Let me know of any bugs you may come across!
Edit May 10th – You know a major update is close when I begin to work on the “announcement” video. Also pictured, the app translated into French courtesy of our resident French-person, DmLan. IT’S ALMOST READY.
That’s right I’m skipping the 1.9.x numbers. Why? Mostly because I can.
Also because the slight UI changes in 2.0.0 will make the app look more noticeably different than previous versions, so I feel like it’s a good point to move onto 2.0.0.
The above image is just some minor changes so far, more usability changes are being worked on. That’s the main feature/change in 2.0.0 and I hope it will make the app not only more intuitive to use, but easier to navigate.
Oh, I also intend on getting the app translated into a few languages.
Facebook and Google+
This is just a PSA that Stick Nodes has very great Facebook and Google+ pages with over 4,000 likes each, have you followed/liked the pages yet?
Go do it right now I’ll wait.
I post 1-2x per week with some of the most inspirational animations made by Stick Nodes users, as well as monthly posts of the “best stickfigures” of the month (there’s a lot to choose from so I mainly focus on download counts). Here’s the collages from the last four months.
Just wanted to make an update post, since 2.0.0 still has a lot of work ahead and didn’t want too much of a dry period between update posts.